Our sanctuary service, featuring our chancel choir and children's and youth choirs, is at 10:00am. The chancel features a 30'x38' window of "pot glass," telling the story of salvation in brightly colored segments. As music from our magnificent Shantz/Bunn Minnick pipe organ fills the resonant room, we lift our voices and hearts in hymns and spiritual songs. Although the format is traditional, we worship with energy and spirit.
On occasion we have special services in the sanctuary:
- Children's and youth musical productions twice a year,
- A Jazz Sunday service every June with professional Dixieland jazz musicians
(most recently, clarinetist Dave Bennett),
- Visits from a variety of musical groups: pictured is the Chicago Salvation Army Brass Band.
- Visits from humorists such as the Friends of the Groom,
- Special preachers, made possible through the Miller Endowment in our church, who have included James Forbes and US Senate Chaplain Barry Black
Our pipe organ is featured in annual organ recitals from some of America's leading performers, including Frederick Swann, Bradley Welch, and Frederick Hohman.
If lively, warm, traditional worship helps you connect with God, come and worship with us
Prefer a non-traditional worship experience? Try THE BRIDGE service, also at 10:00am.